Friday, April 26, 2013

Still here, and very pregnant

So sorry to everyone that reads here, quite a lot has been going on that has kept me from posting. One of the main things has been baby three growing by leaps and bounds and keeping me very tired.

Lucky, I have mastered a bed time routine for my two babies that has been working wonders. Firstly, we have moved to making freezer meals to cut down my time in the kitchen. This is pure genius for moms of more than one kid and i highly recommend it. In fact i plan on writing about it soon with some of our personal favorites.

Secondly, we have moved dinner time up from 6pm to 4pm. This came about mostly so my husband can eat dinner with his family before going to work. This also became beneficial as I noticed my 10 month old was getting hungrier earlier due to growth spurts. For the most part every one eats fine, except Mr. picky eater 3 year old. He is the worst when it comes to meals. If it's not bread or chicken, he doesn't want much to do with it.

After hubby hours to work, the kids go to Bath time together. They get to play with their toys and soak in a home made bath soak. I make up the mixture ahead of time in sandwich bags and dump it into the bath water each night. It's 1/2 cup Epsom salt, 1/2 baking soda, and 10 drops lavender essential oil. After about 10-30 minutes they are tired and smell amazing.

Baby girl gets out first and is rubbed down with coconut oil before getting pajamas. Next, big brother gets the same treatment. Every one in the house is sensitive to commercial lotions so we love our coconut oil. Once pajamas are on, we all cuddle on the couch to watch a movie.

As everyone starts passing out, I start moving them to their rooms. This has been the biggest hurdle as my oldest has co slept with us since birth. Baby girl from day one has slept better alone so no issue there. Moving the boy out was a different story. About the only thing that worked was letting him cry about it till he passed out. I don't like doing it but now her willing goes in to his own room to sleep and it is great. Sometimes, he needs me too lay in there with him for a bit but not for too long. Now that i have gotten my bed back it's beyond amazing.

By sticking to our new routine i now get a full nights rest and am better prepared for the day. I highly recommend a routine for little ones and big ones. Speaking for my crew, they love knowing what to expect. They know that after daddy leaves, they have so long before bath and cuddles with mom. It's wonderful. I hope that i will continue to find time to post too, i miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment