Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tea time

Every morning, I brew two pots of tea. First there is black tea for everyone and then there's my nursing time tea.

I am still breastfeeding my youngest and it has been an adventure. With Conner, he was tongue tied and couldn't latch on properly, so I ended up pumping all that I could and supplemented with formula. He really took to the formula so I stopped trying after three months.

With Miranda, her tongue was blessedly not tied but for whatever reason we couldn't get it together and I now pump and feed her with a bottle. She, however, can stand any formula what so ever. She becomes the fussiest child on the planet.

I had to do something to help me produce more milk to meet her demands. I asked the midwife that helped deliver her what she recommended and she gave me an herbal tea that was suppose to help but it tasted horrible. I took it upon myself to find something and found nursing time tea.

The stuff works. I went from producing maybe four ounces at a time to eight or nine. I was sold. Now I don't have the luxury to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea, so I brew up a pitcher in the more and drink on it all day chilled. This works for me as I don't have to wait on the water to boil and then the tea to infuse and then cool enough to drink. By the time I do all that 3 or 4 emergencies and dire issues have occurred.

I would also, since I am on the subject if breastfeeding, like to encourage any pregnant woman or woman trying to get pregnant to try to breastfeed for the first month. You don't have to be that lady that goes till the kids in grade school but honestly try exclusively for the first month. If it doesn't work out, hey you tried. There are options like what I do, pump and bottle feed, or mix with formula, or formula feed. As long as the baby is health and mommy isn't stressed then everything is great.

I would like to make clear that I was not paid to plug a product, I just wanted to make known what worked for me in the hopes that it might help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment